A step-by-step guide on how to close your Facebook business page without losing all your hard work.
Checkout this video:
Why you might want to close your Facebook business page
You might want to close your Facebook business page for a number of reasons. Maybe you’re no longer in business, or maybe you’ve decided that Facebook isn’t the right platform for your brand. Whatever the reason, it’s easy to close a Facebook business page.
Before you close your page, you should:
-Download a copy of your page
-Remove any sensitive information
-Notify your page followers
To close your Facebook business page:
-Go to your business page and click Settings at the top of the page
-Click Edit Page in the left column
-Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Close Page
-Click Close Page again to confirm
How to deactivate your Facebook business page
If you decide to deactivate your Facebook business Page, you can do so at any time. Keep in mind that deactivating your Page will remove it from public view, but it will not delete it. You can always reactivate your Page later if you change your mind.
To deactivate your Facebook business Page:
1. Go to your business Page and click Settings at the top of the Page.
2. From the General tab, click Manage Page.
3. Click Edit next to Status.
4. Select Disabled from the dropdown menu and click Save changes.
How to delete your Facebook business page
To permanently delete your Page:
Click About on your Page.
Click Edit Page.
From General, click Remove Page.
Click Delete [Page name].
Click Delete Page and then click OK.
What happens when you deactivate or delete your Facebook business page
When you delete your Facebook business page, it’s permanently removed from the site. This means that people will no longer be able to find it or see any of its information. If you decide that you want to reactivate your page at a later time, you’ll need to start from scratch and create a new page.
If you deactivate your page, it’s temporarily hidden from the site. This means that people will still be able to find it, but they won’t be able to see any of its information. You can reactivate your page at any time by simply logging back in.
How to reactivate your Facebook business page
If you’ve decided that you want to keep your Facebook business page active, you can reactivate it at any time. Here’s how:
1. Log into your personal Facebook account.
2. Go to your business page.
3. Click on the “Edit Page” button in the top right-hand corner of the page.
4. Select “Manage Permissions” from the drop-down menu.
5. Click on the “Reactivate Page” button at the bottom of the page.
6. Confirm that you want to reactivate your page by clicking on the “Reactivate Page” button again.
Your business page will now be active again and you can start posting as usual!
How to backup your Facebook business page before deleting it
Deleting a Facebook business page is a permanent action. If you have decided to delete your page, we recommend that you first backup your data.
To backup your Facebook business page:
1. Go to your business page
2. Click on settings in the top right-hand corner
3. Click on General in the left-hand menu
4. Under General, click on Manage Page
5. Click on Request Page Export
6. Facebook will then begin preparing your page export, which can take up to 48 hours
FAQs about closing your Facebook business page
If you’re no longer using your Facebook business page, you can close it. When you close a business page:
-People will no longer be able to like or follow your page.
-Your page won’t be searchable on Facebook.
-Your page won’t be visible to anyone on Facebook.
To close your Facebook business page:
1. Go to your Page settings.
2. Click General in the left column.
3. Click Remove Page at the bottom of the General Settings section.
4. Click Delete [Page name] in the pop-up window, then click Delete Page again to confirm that you want to permanently delete your page.