A step-by-step guide to changing the name of your Facebook business page.
Checkout this video:
Introduction: Why you might want to change your Facebook Business Page name
If you have a Facebook Business Page, you might want to change the name for a number of reasons. Maybe you originally chose a name that was too long, or you want to change the Page name to reflect a new direction your business is taking. Whatever the reason, Facebook makes it easy to change your Page name.
How to change your Facebook Business Page name
It’s easy to change the name of your Facebook Business Page. Just follow these simple steps:
1. Log into your personal Facebook account and go to your business page.
2. Click on the ‘About’ tab, then click ‘Edit Page Info’.
3. In the ‘Name’ section, click ‘Edit’.
4. Enter your new business page name and click ‘Save Changes’.
Tips for choosing a new Facebook Business Page name
There are a few things to keep in mind when you are choosing a new name for your Facebook Business Page:
-Your Page’s name should reflect the name of your business, as it appears on your website, business cards, and other marketing materials.
-If you have multiple locations, you may want to include the city or region in your Page’s name.
-You can change your Page’s name only once. Choose wisely!
-Your Page’s username (the unique URL that appears after facebook.com/) should be easy to remember and easy to share.
-Keep it under 50 characters if possible.
-Try to avoid using generic words like “books” or “movies.”
How to let your fans know about your new Facebook Business Page name
If you’ve recently changed the name of your business, you may want to update your Facebook Business Page to reflect the new name. Here’s how:
1. Go to your Facebook Business Page
2. Click “About” in the left-hand menu
3. Under “Name,” click “Edit”
4. Type in your new business name and click “Continue”
5. In the pop-up window, click “Request Change”
6. Facebook will review your request and get back to you within a few days
In the meantime, you can start using your new business name on your page right away!
FAQs about changing your Facebook Business Page name
Q: Do I need to go through a formal process to change my Page name?
A: No formal process is required, but we recommend that you notify your fans of the change in advance, through an announcement on your Page or elsewhere. If you don’t have a large number of fans, you may also be able to update your Page name without notifying your fans in advance.
Q: Can I change my Page name more than once?
A: Yes, you can change your Page name as many times as you want. However, we recommend that you avoid making frequent changes, as this may confuse your fans.
Q: Will my Page URL change if I change my Page name?
A: Yes, your Page URL will automatically update to reflect your new Page name. However, you can choose to keep your old URL by opting out of the changes. For more information about how to do this, please see our Help Center.
Q: I’ve changed my Page name. How do I update my profile picture and cover photo?
A: If you’ve changed your Page name, we recommend that you also update your profile picture and cover photo to reflect the new name. This will help ensure that your fans can easily recognize your Page when they see it in their News Feeds or on search results pages.
Case study: One business’s experience changing their Facebook Business Page name
As anyone who’s had to change their name on Facebook knows, it’s not an easy process. For businesses, the process is even more complicated — and can be a huge pain if you don’t know what you’re doing.
We recently had to go through the process of changing the name of our Facebook Business Page, and we learned a lot along the way. Here’s what we learned, in the hopes that it will make the process easier for you if you ever have to go through it.
How to avoid problems when changing your Facebook Business Page name
When you change the name of your Facebook Business Page, it’s important to avoid any potential problems that could arise from the change. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
– Make sure you’re changing the name to something that is closely related to your business. If you’re changing the name of your page to something completely different, it may confuse your customers and make it difficult for them to find you.
– Avoid using any profanity or offensive language in your new name. This could result in your page being banned from Facebook.
– Make sure you spell the new name of your page correctly. A simple typo could result in people not being able to find you on Facebook.
Additional resources for changing your Facebook Business Page name
Here are some additional resources that may be helpful in changing the name of your Facebook Business Page:
-Facebook’s Help Center: Changing Your Page’s Name
-Business Insider: How to Change the Name of Your Facebook Business Page
What to do if you’ve already changed your Facebook Business Page name
If you’ve already changed your Facebook Business Page name, you may be wondering how to change it back. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
-If you’ve recently changed your Page name, you can revert back to your previous Page name within 14 days of the change.
-To change your Page name back to your previous Page name:
-Click About on the left hand side of your Page
-Click Edit next to your current Page name
-Click Revert next to the date you changed your Page name
-Click Revert Name
Wrapping up: Changing your Facebook Business Page name
If you’ve decided to change the name of your Facebook Business Page, there are a few things you need to do. First, you’ll need to change the name of your Page on Facebook. To do this:
1. Go to your Page and click About in the left column.
2. Click Edit next to your Page’s name.
3. Enter a new Page name and click Save Changes.
Once you’ve changed the name of your Page on Facebook, you’ll need to update your Page’s URL to reflect the new name. To do this:
1. Go to your Page and click About in the left column.
2. Click Edit next to your Page’s URL.
3. Enter a new URL for your Page and click Save Changes.
4. Note: You can only change your Page’s URL once, so choose wisely!