If you’re looking to change your business name on Instagram, you’ve come to the right place. In this blog post, we’ll walk you through the process of updating your business name and profile on Instagram.
Checkout this video:
Why you might want to change your business name on Instagram
There are a few reasons you might want to change your business name on Instagram. Maybe you’ve rebranded and your old name no longer represents your business. Or maybe you originally chose a personal username for your account and now you want something that more closely matches your business name.
Whatever the reason, if you want to change your business name on Instagram, there are a few things you need to do. First, you’ll need to change your username. Then, you can update your name and profile photo (if desired) to match your new username. Let’s get started!
How to change your business name on Instagram
If you have a business on Instagram that you want to change the name of, you’re in luck. You can actually do this right from within the app. Here’s how:
1. Open Instagram and go to your profile page.
2. Tap the “Edit Profile” button.
3. Tap on the “Name” field and enter your new business name.
4. Tap “Done” to save your changes.
What to consider before changing your business name on Instagram
There are a few things you should consider before you change your business name on Instagram. First, think about how many followers you have and whether or not they will be able to find you if you change your username. If you have a large number of followers, it might be worth considering keeping your current username so that they can still find and follow you.
Another thing to consider is whether or not your current username is helping or hurting your brand. If you feel like a name change could help improve your brand image, then it might be worth making the switch. However, if you’re happy with your current following and branding, then there’s no need to make any changes.
Lastly, keep in mind that changing your username will also change your URL. So, if you have any links or marketing materials that feature your current URL, those will need to be updated as well. With all of this in mind, if you still feel like changing your business name on Instagram is the right move for you, then follow the steps below!
How to pick the right new business name for Instagram
Your business name is one of your most important brand assets. It’s how your customers and prospects find you, and it’s how they’ll remember you. So it’s no surprise that one of the most common questions we get from businesses is “how do I change my business name on Instagram?”
Unfortunately, there isn’t a simple answer. There are a few different factors to consider when changing your business name on Instagram (or any other social media platform), and we’ve outlined them below.
1. Make sure your new name is available as a username on Instagram. This seems like a no-brainer, but it’s worth checking before you commit to a new name. Visit instagram.com/username and enter your desired name in the “search” field. If the username is available, you’ll see a green “Available!” message. If it’s not available, you’ll see a message saying “Sorry, this username isn’t available.”
2. Consider how your new name will impact your existing followers. If you have a significant number of followers on your current account, changing your username will mean that they’ll no longer be able to find you by searching for your old username. You’ll need to let them know about the change in advance and direct them to your new account. This can be done through an announcement on your current account, through email marketing, or through advertising on other social media platforms or websites.
3. Think about how the change will impact your brand identity and image. A rebrand can be a great opportunity to freshen up your look and feel, but it’s also important to consider how the changes will impact the way customers and prospects perceive your business. If you’re making significant changes to your branding (including things like changing your logo or colors), it might be worth creating a whole new account rather than simply changing your existing account’s name and profile photo
How to announce your new business name on Instagram
Assuming you’ve already changed your Instagram account name to reflect your new business name, there are a few ways you can make sure your followers know about the change.
You could simply post a photo with your new logo and caption it with something like, “We’ve update our name to XYZ – same great company, just a new looks. Be sure to follow us at our new handle, @xyz!” If you have a significant number of followers, you may want to also consider pushing this announcement out through other channels, like email or Facebook.
Another option is to create a branded hashtag – something catchy and unique to your company – and encourage your followers to use it when posting about your business. For example, if you own a bakery called “The Sweet Spot,” you might start using #sugarrush in all of your posts and encourage customers to do the same when they post photos of your treats. This is a great way to build brand awareness and keep track of customer feedback all in one place.
How to make sure your new business name is successful on Instagram
If you’re starting a new business, or rebranding an existing one, one of the first places you’ll need to update your name is on Instagram. Your username is how people will find you on the platform, so it’s important to choose something that is simple, easy to remember, and on brand.
Here are a few tips for choosing a great Instagram username for your business:
– Keep it short and sweet: A username that is too long (or includes symbols or numbers) can be difficult for people to remember or type correctly. You want something that will be easy for people to find and identify.
– Make it relevant to your brand: Choose a username that is closely related to your business name or the products/services you offer. This will help people understand what they can expect from following you on Instagram.
– Use keywords: If you want people to be able to find your account easily when they search on Instagram, include some relevant keywords in your username. For example, if you sell handmade jewelry, you might include the words “jewelry” or “handmade” in your username.
– Avoid using underscores: While using an underscore in yourusername can help make it more readable, it can also make it more difficult for people to remember. If possible, stick with using letters and numbers only.
Once you’ve chosen the perfect Instagram username for your business, make sure to update your profile photo and bio so people can learn more about what you do when they visit your account. And then start sharing great content!
What to do if you’re not happy with your new business name on Instagram
If you’re not happy with your new business name on Instagram, there are a few things you can do. You can try to change it yourself, or you can reach out to Instagram and request a change.
To change your business name on Instagram yourself, first go to your profile page and tap the Edit Profile button. From here, you can change your name, username, and biography. To change your business name, simply change the name field. Keep in mind that your new business name must be at least 4 characters long and can include letters, numbers, periods, and underscores.
If you’re not able to change your business name on Instagram yourself, you can reach out to Instagram and request a change. To do this, go to the Help Center and click on the Contact Us link. From here, select I need help with something else > Report a problem > Something isn’t working > My account > Change my account info. When filling out the form, be sure to include your old business name and your new desired business name. Once you’ve submitted the form, Instagram will review your request and get back to you as soon as possible.
FAQs about changing your business name on Instagram
There are a few things to keep in mind if you change your business name on Instagram:
-Your followers won’t be automatically notified of the change. To let them know, you can update your profile bio and include your new business name.
-If you have a verified badge on your account, you’ll need to submit a request to have your badge removed and then reapply for verification with your new business name.
-If you have an Instagram Business Profile, people who search for your old business name will still be able to find and visit your profile. However, any links to your profile that include your old business name won’t work anymore.
Case studies of businesses who changed their name on Instagram
As your business grows, you may find that your original name no longer reflects what you do or who you are. If you’re considering changing your business name on Instagram, you’re not alone. In fact, many businesses have changed their names to better reflect their brand.
Here are some case studies of businesses who changed their name on Instagram, and how it affected their brand.
Business One is a small business that sells handmade jewelry. When they first started out, they went by the name “Beaded Bliss.” As they grew and expanded their product line to include more than just beads, they realized that their name no longer fit their brand. They decided to change their name to “Jewelry by Business One.”
The result? Their new name was more reflective of their brand, and helped them attract new customers. And because they kept the same @username (and therefore URL), they didn’t lose any existing followers in the process.
Business Two is a clothing boutique that originally started out as a mobile pop-up shop. When they opened their first brick-and-mortar location, they decided to change their name from “The Pop-Up Shop” to “Boutique Name.” The result? The new name helped them attract a higher-end clientele and made them seem more permanent and established. However, because they changed both their @username and URL, they lost some followers in the process.
Business Three is a restaurant that started out as a food truck. When they opened their brick-and-mortar location, they kept their original name, “Food Truck Name.” However, when they realized that most of their customers were coming from within walking distance of their restaurant, they decided to change their name to “Restaurant Name.” The result? The new name helped them attract more local customers, but because they didn’t also change their @username or URL, they lost some of their national/truck-based following in the process.
Top tips for changing your business name on Instagram
If you’ve recently changed your business name, you may be wondering how to change it on Instagram. After all, your account is probably an important part of your marketing strategy. Luckily, changing your business name on Instagram is relatively easy. Here are a few tips to help you through the process.
Before you start, it’s important to note that you can only change your business name on Instagram if you have a Business Profile. If you don’t have a Business Profile, you’ll need to create one before you can proceed.
Once you have a Business Profile, simply go to your profile and tap “Edit Profile”. From there, you can change your name, username, website and bio. Keep in mind that you can only change your name once every 14 days, so plan accordingly.
If you have multiple Instagram accounts for different businesses, make sure you update the name on all of them. That way, your customers will be able to find you no matter which account they use.
Updating your business name on Instagram is a quick and easy way to make sure your account reflects your brand identity. By following these simple tips, you can make the process seamless and stress-free.